Gabby Dizon (@gabusch), co-founder of Yield Guild Games, and Linda Xie (@ljxie), co-founder of Scalar Capital, join Erik Torenberg and Lucas Bagno on this episode to discuss:
- Why Gabby started YGG and the evolution of play-to-earn and blockchain in gaming.
- Why gaming is a great way to onboard someone to the crypto ecosystem, as NFTs have done.
- The key players in the crypto gaming ecosystem.
- Why there is renewed hope that crypto governance can be solved.
- Use cases for DAOs and how they can change the future of work.
- Why Linda welcomes regulation and how it can actually encourage more projects in the space.
Documentary on play-to-earn that Lucas mentions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-BrASMHU4
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup