David Spinks (@DavidSpinks), author of The Business of Belonging, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- The evolution of the different movements in this space, from customer service to customer success to community.
- How to make your users feel like they’re a part of the business.
- His requests for startups in the space.
- How to earn the trust of your users.
- How to get a community off the ground.
- How to enable your community to engage itself.
- What to do when excitement wanes.
- Common traps to watch out for.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc
or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup