Chris Best (@cjgbest), co-founder and CEO of Substack, joins Erik on this episode. They discuss:
- How the idea for Substack came about and the early days of the company.
- How the internet has impacted media and journalism.
- How the world changes if Substack is successful.
- How they are enabling journalists to “go independent.”
- The implications of the subscription model.
- What’s been most popular on Substack and what has surprised him.
- How they are thinking about aggregation and distribution.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.