On June 23, 2022, David A. Carrillo, Christina Sandefur, Robert F. Williams and moderator Braden Boucek joined us to debate the different purposes and rights guarantees within state constitutions and the federal constitution. What are the federalism implications of an increased focus on state constitutional rights, if that's really the trend? What does the map of states look like if some federal liberties roll back, and does the distribution depend on which rights roll back or expand. These topics and more were explored by this excellent panel of knowledgeable state constitutional law experts.
- David A. Carrillo, Lecturer in Residence and Executive Director, California Constitution Center, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- Christina Sandefur, Executive Vice President, Goldwater Institute
- Robert F. Williams, Distinguished Professor of Law and Director, Center for State Constitutional Studies, Rutgers University of School of Law
- [Moderator] Braden Boucek, Director of Litigation, Southeastern Legal Foundation
Visit our website – www.RegProject.org
– to learn more, view all of our content, and connect with us on social media.