Modern software development and engineering excellence requires more than just technical skills. True excellence is built on a foundation of values, principles, and processes that all support the organization's business strategy and goals.
For a review of practical steps to create engineering excellence in software development, we spoke with Dan Drasin, Chief Development Officer of the payment processing company Shift4.
The discussion includes these topics:
● About software engineering at Shift4
● What is “engineering excellence”?
● How Shift4 aligns software engineering and product development with company business strategy
● Working with Intevity to align business strategy and software development
● What are important KPIs to achieve engineering excellence in an agile development environment?
● Software governance to achieve engineering excellence
● Advice to technology leaders on agile software development success
Read the full transcript: https://www.cxotalk.com/episode/how-create-software-engineering-excellence
Dan Drasin is the Chief Development Officer for Shift4 Payments and is responsible for all Software Development across the organization. Mr. Drasin has nearly three decades of experience leading and transforming product development organizations in the hospitality, healthcare, and telecommunications industries.