Mar 30, 2023
Marathoning Events - Carrie Furnari - Speaking of Events - Episode # 039
Today’s guest is a veteran marketing professional with over 20 years of experience. She excels at developing global market strategies and managing high performing teams. Please welcome to the show, Carrie Furnari! Carrie is the former Director of Events at JumpCloud, and not only does she have an addiction to running, but she also is passionate about putting on memorable events. Carrie joins the host Kerri Garbis to share her tips on how to create a successful and memorable event.
* When most people think of events, they think of cocktail parties and a beautiful design, but they don’t see all the hard work that is put into the event beforehand to make everything look seamless.
* There is a level of execution that goes on after the event where you go over what went well and what didn’t so that next year you can run the event as successfully if not more so.
* When you are working with speakers, it’s important to refer to a speaker as “they”, rather than “him” or “her”.
* There are a mass amount of layoffs occurring in the world, and that doesn’t exclude the event industry.
* The best way to take care of an event professional is to make sure that they are taking care of after the event is over.
* Carrie’s favorite moment in the event process is the final production because that is when she gets to see the event come together and have life.
* Even though roadshows are a smaller event, they are actually more challenging due to the limited number of guests and the smaller venues. They require more thought to go into them and more attention to detail than regular events.
Quote of the Show
* 2:23 "[events] are not as glamorous as they look from the planning perspective"
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carriepage23/
* Website: https://jumpcloud.com/
Ways to Tune In:
* Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/a158d222-4beb-4c72-9569-0916e79a80f4/speaking-of-events
* Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/speaking-of-events/id1611059542
* Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/699re9JSEnwNXnrNLGLUkz
* Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3BlYWtpbmdvZmV2ZW50cy5jb20vZmVlZC54bWw?sa=X&ved=0CAMQ4aUDahcKEwiI6PWe2o73AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ&hl=en
* YouTube - https://youtu.be/ZrLmHqGTdMo
Speaking of Events is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/