Today’s guest has a passion for bringing people together. Appearing on her first non-company podcast, please welcome Rachel Heller, the Senior Event Content Manager at Bizzabo. Rachel thrives on making connections and is a self proclaimed “event content nerd”. Rachel joins Kerri to share her tips on professional event planning.
- Events bring people together and it creates amazing opportunities when you bring other people together who have never met each other.
- During “The Big Pivot”, a lot of event professionals had to change over to getting speakers used to using webcams and speakers and other technology.
- It’s easier to ask someone to speak to a camera rather than a room full of 1,000s of people.
- Speakers need to put a little more thought into their titles and abstracts that they create for their sessions.
- With more virtual events, it allows for people who wouldn’t have traveled before to be a speaker at an event.
- During the past couple of years, there have been more female speakers at events.
- The pandemic has forced the event industry to get creative with how they work events so that everyone can attend.
Quote of the Show
4:50 “What I love the most about events is what happens when you bring people together.”
Ways to Tune In: