Folami Jenkins is the Digital Event Strategist at Curve the Runway / Community Engagement Manager at Ruby Slipper Restaurant Group. She is from New Orleans and teaches a catering class for a group of young professionals who want to get into the event world. Folami joins host Kerri Garbis to talk about event planning and some of her tips for others.
- Events aren’t all about a room full of pretty things. Everything in an event is done purposefully and has meaning to it.
- You want to provide your clients with their ideal vision and make sure you are meeting them on their level.
- All events should have a purpose when they are being put on. You want to think about the people who are in charge and involved also benefiting from it.
- Speakers at events need to be prepared for anything, and it’s a good idea to get them to read off a script that has been approved.
- As an event professional, it’s best to be prepared for any situation to happen, including catering an event for Michelle Obama with 3 days notice.
- Giving back to the community and others is a positive impact that an event professional can have.
- Folami’s favorite part of the event process is when she has captured the client’s feelings and made them feel happy.
Quote of the Show:
3:44 “I wish more people knew that events weren't all about a room full of pretty things. Events have meaning, they all have meaning they're there for a reason.”
Ways to Tune In: