Marriage and family therapist Shadeen Francis joins us to talk about X-Men, therapy, vulnerability and emptying the jug. She helps us to explore the following questions:
- How can the “emptying the jug” approach lead to more fulfilling relationships?
- How can we even begin to open up and let our guard down?
- What language can we use if we’re new to opening up and letting others in?
- How can empathy transform experiences?
- How is self-esteem tied to vulnerability?
- What does it mean to be vulnerable — the good and the bad?
- How can distraction be useful when dealing with difficult experiences?
- How can we improve communication around challenging topics?
- How can we open up and be more open to being emotionally impacted?
Follow Shadeen on Twitter and Instagram.
This podcast is brought to you by Let’s Get Checked. Use code DRJESS to save at checkout!