361: In this interview, Peter High speaks with Steve Randich, CIO of FINRA. Among the topics they discuss include:
- Steve’s role as the Chief Information Officer of FINRA, where he leads a 1,100-person organization.
- FINRA’s switch to open-source, which was designed to handle the massive amounts of data, as well as their increasing focus on machine learning.
- How FINRA partnered with organizations such as Amazon, Cloudera, and Hortonworks during its transition to the public cloud.
- FINRA’s ability to attract talent through displaying their innovative environment, attending conferences, hosting events, and winning awards.
- A look into the DC metro area’s highly skilled IT market, which holds one of the highest concentration of data centers and internet providers in the country.
- The advantages of transitioning to the public cloud, including leveraging Moore’s Law, improved cybersecurity, and the ability to pay for the service on-demand.
- The financial advantages FINRA realizes with cloud computing, including ability to increase data volumes while simultaneously reducing cloud costs.
- Steve’s belief that the CIO has not changed much, and that successful IT team looks for innovative solutions that the business could not otherwise find.
- Eye on the trends: Robotics and automation.
The post Steve Randich, CIO of FINRA appeared first on Metis Strategy.