340: In this interview, Peter High and Srini Koushik discuss World Class IT Principle One, People, Principle Two, Infrastructure, and Principle Four, IT and Business Partnership. Among the other topics they discuss include:
- An overview of Magellan’s business, including its two primary growth platforms: healthcare and pharmacy benefits management
- Magellan’s Massive Transformative Purpose of "Leading humanity to healthy, vibrant lives," and how that leads them to unconventional but extremely impactful offerings such as Magellan Complete Care, a first-of-its-kind benefits plan aimed at the seriously mentally ill in Florida, or managing specialty care
- How Srini leverages innovative organizational techniques and emerging technologies to compete with larger healthcare companies, a concept he calls Exponential IT. Some examples of this include leveraging cloud services instead of building solutions in-house, adopting platforms its employees were already familiar with such as Workplace by Facebook to reduce training needs and facilitate adoption, and building solutions for tomorrow’s technology like 5G, instead of yesterday’s technology
- How operating in a high-touch industry that requires the company to be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of its customers has shaped its approach to digital
- The unique perspective on technology that Srini has developed over his career, which includes both time at large companies like IBM, Hewlett Packard, Nationwide, as well as entrepreneurial experience as CEO of a startup
The post Srini Koushik, Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer of Magellan Health appeared first on Metis Strategy.