In this interview, Jean-Michel Ares, Group Head of Technology & Operations at BMO Financial Group, discusses World Class IT principle one, People, principle two, Infrastructure, and principle four, IT-Business Partnerships, with Metis Strategy. Some of the topics discussed include:
- The imperative, at BMO Financial Group and within the broader financial services industry, to combine the functions of technology and operations under a single executive
- Jean-Michel’s belief in the ability of leadership along the lines of operational excellence, transformation, and innovation to set every CIO on the path to greatness
- The four outlined “areas of focus” for Jean-Michel’s team in the coming year
- Jean-Michel’s renewed focus on enterprise security, as well as the important role of external partnerships and networks in securing an organization’s data and resources
- The great opportunity of each CIO to build strong personal networks, later leveraging those networks to solve complex challenges faced by those within and external to their industry or role
- Eye on the Trends: The combination of analytics, mobility, social networks, and the Internet of Things in shaping the new technological enterprise
The post Jean-Michel Ares, Group Head of Technology & Operations, BMO Financial Group appeared first on Metis Strategy.