300: In this interview, General Stan McChyrstal (Ret.) Managing Partner at McChrystal Group and Former Commander Joint Special Operations Command , discusses World Class IT Principle One, People. Some of the topics discussed include:
- The connections between the speed of change, agility, and decision making
- Recognizing that you can be technically and tactically correct, and still be functionally incorrect
- The benefits gained from decentralization, pumping information down the organization, and harnessing insights from younger, less experienced team members
- Building an organizational structure of organically connected small cohesive teams
- Creating a mandate for necessary change in organizations that are comfortable with their status quo
- The General’s upcoming book on leadership which explores the metrics of leadership
The post General Stanley McChrystal (Retired), Managing Partner at McChrystal Group, Former Commander Joint Special Operations Command appeared first on Metis Strategy.