348: In this interview, Peter High speaks with Cathie Kozik, the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at PSAV. Among the topics they discuss include:
- An overview of PSAV’s business as well as Kozik’s role as CIO to bring the company to a point where technology is an enabler instead of something in the way, which has been done with increased mobility among other things
- Cathie’s view on the company’s digital transformation focused on the technician experience, business insight through data analytics, and looking to other industries for ideas
- Ways Cathie finds opportunities for her staff to learn such as sending them to spend a day out in the field as a technician giving them the chance to see how the company makes money
- An overview of Cathie’s experience on a board which includes her personal path to membership and the lessons she has learned in terms of leadership by watching managers deal with the challenge of growing immensely while not losing focus on the core vision of the business
- Cathie’s advice to peers looking to join a board which is centered around the importance of showing your interest, exposing yourself to organizations beyond your own, and joining impactful clubs to build your profile
- An overview of the work necessary with women’s involvement in IT including showing young women the benefits of IT, refuting the notion that women cannot be mothers and business leaders, and most importantly, giving women the crucial business experience to grow and develop
- A glimpse into the future of technology trends which includes blockchain, AI, and user interfaces focusing on how to implement these technologies and what they can provide.
- Cathie’s view on the benefits and downfalls of technology and her hope to plot a practical course through them 732229
The post Cathie Kozik, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at PSAV appeared first on Metis Strategy.