278: Questions to Ask (and Avoid Asking) in Legal Job Interviews (w/Sadie Jones)
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we have ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones back with us to talk about questions you should, and shouldn't ask, in a job interview setting.
In this episode we discuss:
* Do you always have to have questions prepared to ask in an interview?
* In general, how many questions is it good to ask?
* The importance of active listening and follow-up questions
* Some questions that are always good to have on hand as needed
* Organization-specific and interviewer-specific topics
* Questions that might make the interviewer cringe and should always be avoided
* How to phrase questions related to the pandemic situation
* CareerDicta (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/)
* Podcast Episode 27: Job Interview Basics (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-27-job-interview-basics/)
* Podcast Episode 155: Top Callback Mistakes to Avoid (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-155-top-callback-mistakes-to-avoid-w-sadie-jones/)
* Podcast Episode 190: How to Pass the Interview Happy Hour Test (w/ex-BigLaw Recruiter Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-190-how-to-pass-the-interview-happy-hour-test-w-ex-biglaw-recruiter-sadie-jones/)
* Podcast Episode 247: Mastering Behavioral Interviews (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-epiosode-247-mastering-behavioral-interviews-w-sadie-jones/)
* Above the Law (https://abovethelaw.com/)
* The Art of the Legal Job Interview (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/the-art-of-the-legal-job-interview/)
* Questions to Ask Legal Employers During Interviews (https://www.thebalancecareers.com/questions-to-ask-and-avoid-in-legal-job-interviews-2164481)
Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee