Off-Farm Income
Off-Farm Income
Jan 21, 2021
OFI 974: Lesson’s Learned In The FFA Can Take You To The Oval Office | FFA SAE Edition | Replay With Caitlin Henne | Springport High School FFA
Play • 25 min
Sign Up To Receive Our FFA Stories Newsletter! Email address: SHOW NOTES INTRODUCING CAITLIN HENNE!  Caitlin first appeared on our show way back on episode #142.  She has come a long way since then.  Now she is studying animal science and agricultural business at Michigan State University, she is the Michigan State FFA President and she went to the White House and met the United States' President. Caitlin is still raising and selling her show quality lambs all over the country.  She wants to build this business even bigger, thus her choice to study Ag Business.  She has now won a proficiency award in sheep production, and she has been a regional star in agribusiness.  You are going to love getting this update on Caitlin Henne! SUPERVISED AGRICULTURAL EXPERIENCE: Sheep Production HIGH SCHOOL: Springport High School; Springport, Michigan MASCOT: Spartans FFA ADVISOR: Megan Merril CONTACT INFORMATION FOR CAITLIN HENNE: Click on the picture below to be taken to the Springport High School Website: Caitlin's Website: LINK Caitlin's FFA Advisor's Email Address: Megan.Merrill@springportschools.net Springport High School Telephone Number: 517-857-3495 FFA LINKS: National FFA Organization Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE's) Support FFA  Donate to FFA - One way that FFA students are able to start small businesses is through an FFA grant of $1,000.  In 2014, 141 FFA students received these grants.  With your donations, more students can get this head start - pay it forward. REASONS TO DONATE TO FFA: Only 2% of Americans grow and raise most of the food and livestock consumed by the other 98% as well as the rest of the world.  FFA is providing the needed education, training and resources to Americans that will carry that torch forward and insure that America continues to have inexpensive, quality food. Rural Communities will rely on entrepreneurship in the future for population growth and job creation.  The FFA is a major catalyst to that entrepreneurial growth. Farmers, ranchers and those working in agriculture give the rest of America incredible amounts of freedom because the search for food is as simple as going to the grocery store: "Because American farmers are able to provide for so many of us, they give more and more of us the freedom to pursue goals and livelihoods beyond growing the food we need to survive." U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack  More Places You Can Listen to Off-Farm Income And Matt Brechwald:  
More episodes
Search
Clear search
Close search
Google apps
Main menu