Fearne Cotton joins Jay Shetty to discuss the weight and importance of setting boundaries for yourself so you can learn to respect other people’s boundaries, why you need to change when your inner voice is telling you, and channeling negative energy into positive outcomes and changes in you and around you.
Fearne is the author of the book, Speak Your Truth, and one of the best known and most popular broadcasters in the UK and is most recently known as the Founder of the wellbeing brand, Happy Place. Her podcast, Happy Place, has featured an array of guests such as Ellie Golding, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Russell Brand amongst others.
What We Discuss with Fearne:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:11 The inspiration behind the running selfie
- 04:41 Try and push yourself with vibrant colors
- 07:48 Life is everything, it’s loud and it’s quiet
- 10:54 Don’t ignore that consistent feeling of wanting to change yourself
- 14:11 Being yourself relieves the pressure to be brilliant at all time
- 17:03 When we’re curious, we’re always willing to learn
- 20:13 This social conditioning that we have to act a certain way
- 24:01 Speaking your truth is learning to say NO
- 27:52 Setting boundaries now will create healthy relationships
- 30:52 We need to be responsible for what we are putting out there
- 34:01 “I’m alright so I can be of service.” - Fearne Cotton
- 36:51 The pros and cons of having stop abruptly when you mind is at work
- 39:56 Think about how you can channel negativity into something positive
- 44:54 Be messy and create something that is authentically you
- 48:28 We have something to go with how we feel
- 52:44 Fearne on Fill in the Blanks
- 53:54 Fearne on Final Five
- 54:52 How good are we at accepting other people’s boundaries?
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Achieve success in every area of your life with Jay Shetty’s Genius Community. Join over 10,000 members taking their holistic well-being to the next level today, at https://shetty.cc/OnPurposeGenius
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.