When our emotions become overwhelming, we lose our ability to make sound decisions. We struggle to listen to anyone or anything else, even though our intuition seldom guides us wrong.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty reveals five reasons why many of us struggle to be in tune with our intuitions and how this leads to trust issues & self-doubt.
- 01:20 1.2M had to leave the workforce due to the pandemic
- 02:39 Reason #1: We don’t understand the different roles of our minds and our emotions
- 04:43 Our brain and body coordinate to create emotions
- 06:27 When we feel discomfort, we come up with a label for it
- 09:28 Reason #2: We think we have all the facts to sort through until we get an intuitive hit on what to do
- 11:51 Reason #3: Our brain has inherent biases
- 15:45 Freewriting helps us get to our thoughts and beliefs we have trouble accessing
- 16:58 Reason #4: We underestimate the impact of culture on how we see the world
- 17:48 Reason #5: We keep weakening our intuition by ignoring it
- 18:33 Schedule time with yourself to be alone to listen to your mind and body
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Achieve success in every area of your life with Jay Shetty’s Genius Community. Join over 10,000 members taking their holistic well-being to the next level today, at https://shetty.cc/OnPurposeGenius
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.