The journey and drive of a stand-up comedian, nerd dating, fun socks, expensive Uber rides, and biopics. Plus, an improv comedy game discovers last words of celebrities moments before the meteor hits.
Comedian, writer and actor Mark Normand (@marknormand), who also cot-hosts the podcast “Tuesdays with Stories“, guests with hosts Marc Raco (@racomarc), Danielle Beckmann (@deebeck) and producer Elsie (@elsietheproducer) in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Obscure nerd dating sites
- Comic vs. Comedian
- Is Comedienne an archaic term?
- Upcoming biopics
- Uncomfortable (and expensive) Uber rides
- A round of “What’s on Elsie’s Socks?”
- The debut and finale of “Famous Last Words”!
- What drives Mark’s passion for comedy and his career goals
- The division of standup, improv, and acting
- Comedy as a way of connecting with people
- Comedy as a meritocracy and the “necktie” theory
- The pains and gains of writing material
- What makes a joke work or not work
- Elsie brings in a sour End of Show Food!
The post Mark Normand – The Necktie Theory appeared first on Funny People Talking Podcast.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.