A former ballet dancer survives a devastating car accident, chooses a new career path, realizes her strong passion for bacon, and becomes a professional writer (and eater). Plus, improv comedy, a song, a dream about Pee Wee Herman, matcha, and much more…
Dara Pollak (@skinnypignyc), founder of The Skinny Pig (a social media, marketing, and branding consultant for hospitality groups and restaurants around the country, as well as a recipe developer for national brands), guests with hosts Marc Raco (@racomarc), Danielle Beckmann (@deebeck) and producer Elsie (@elsietheproducer) in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Real trained squirrels with Johnny Depp, and the Squirrel Actor’s Guild
- Advertising that is pushing the envelope, as enough businesses and people that are deciding a new reality of advertising
- Fighting in public
- A Medieval festival
- Star Trek Vodka!
- Everyone’s mixed-up dreams
- Dream analysis
- The epic Pee Wee Herman dream
- A horrible accident changing Dara’s life path and earns her the nickname “Superwoman”
- Creating The Skinny Pig brand
- Everything bacon!
- The United States of Bacon song
- How food connected with Dara
- A ghost pepper chicken wing
- What restaurants are doing wrong with their food
- La Pecora Bianca, Flex Mussels, and ROKC restaurants
- An hilarious round of the improv game “Audible” involves Tom Cruise, piranhas, and foie gras, and the worst Thanksgiving ever
- Plus, Matcha makes an appearance in End of Show Food
The post Dara Pollak of The Skinny Pig – Tastes Like Space appeared first on Funny People Talking Podcast.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.