Stolen fonts, Dungeons and Dragons, the dark side of the NYC subway, furries, an anonymous scribbler with 99k followers, and root beer meets chocolate? Plus, a new improv game allows you to justify anything.
Nicole Monente, the creative mind behind the popular observational humor cartoon series Scribbles by Nicole (@scribblesbynicole), guests with hosts Marc Raco (@racomarc), Danielle Beckmann (@deebeck) and producer Elsie (@elsietheproducer) in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Danielle gets nerdy about fonts and D&D
- Marc and the crew wonder if costume shops cater to furries as well as Times Square character impersonators
- The dark side of the NYC subway system
- The debut of the new improv game “Justify This!” includes a beat-up ice cream truck, a social media campaign for leopards, an awards show fashion protest, and a sandwich shop firing
- How and why Nicole started Scribbles
- Building a following on Instagram with your art
- Finding inspiration in everyday moments
- How Scribbles has helped Nicole in her daily life
- The ways Nicole has monetized her work
- Why Nicole started Scribbles anonymously and how she made the decision to take ownership of her work
- How Instagram lets Nicole interact with fans all over the world
- Resisting the urge to let Instagram post insights on posts drive Nicole’s creative inspiration
- And Elsie brings in another surprising chocolatey surprise in this week’s End of Show Food!
The post Nicole Monente of Scribbles by Nicole – Justify the Font appeared first on Funny People Talking Podcast.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.