RSVP culture, an improv game reveals a fight with Jackie Chan and the origins of the yellow school bus (not really), an incredible wallpaper coincidence, lettering vs. typography, social media's impact on valuing artists, expanding vocabulary, somebody knows the theme song, and End of Show---Drink?
- Danielle shares some nerd tips for those who want to expand their vocabularies
- Brian lets us know what a letterer does, and how he came to be one
- Danielle’s miserable experience at the Brooklyn Coffee and Tea Festival, and the weird behavior that free samples sparks in crowds of people
- The issue of modern RSPV culture and how inconsiderate it can be for major events
- Wedding planning stresses and invitation nightmares (and some tips on how to combat them!)
- A round of Audible, our improv game where one of us tells a story and anyone can call and audible and prompt the storyteller to mix things up
- An appeal to the comedy gods to get Tina Fey on the show
- How Brian’s creativity has been fostered from a young age and led him to find left of center ways to make a living
- Brian and his wife’s wallpaper business, Flat Vernacular, and how a childhood wallpaper of Marc's ties into the inspiration that led to that side business
- How humor and art changes one’s viewpoint of the world, and how an appreciation for humor and comedy influences Brian’s approach to his work
- Social media’s impact on Brian’s work and how instantaneous feedback has changed how creative professionals approach their work
- Brian’s path from art school and focusing on design to discovering a passion for lettering
- The difference between a letterer and a typographer, and the difference between painting with letters and fonts
- Brian compares his old LinkedIn photo with his latest professional photoshoot
- Plus, Elsie brings in some End of Show Food and Brian surprises us with End of Show Drinks!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.