A turtle ghost, jury duty, a robbery, a Tony Awards wardrobe malfunction, pitching movies, Whoopi Goldberg, Howard Stern, SNL, Mike Meyers, and becoming a cartoon. Comedian Regina DeCicco, warmup comedian for The View, joins Marc Raco, Danielle Beckmann, and producer Elsie.
In this episode:
- Danielle talks about walking around with her empty terrarium that houses the ghost of her pet turtle
- Marc discusses getting selected for jury duty where he was stuck in a cramped room with others selected while the defendant defended himself and caused a few awkward situations
- Marc also recalls an incident where he saw a robber trying to get into an open car and ponders why people leave their car doors open in NYC
- Danielle recaps her Tony Awards experience including facing a wardrobe malfunction, acting as a seat filler and winding up with the best seat possible as Billy Porter surprisingly sung right in front of her
- Everyone plays a new improv game called where Marc and Danielle pitch a murder-knitting flick Elsie pitches a puritans love reality show
- Regina talks about the connections she’s made with past audience members and the joy she gets out of it
- How Regina warms up dud crowds for The View as well as having to be the bearer of bad news to the crowd when a host isn’t on the show and Whoopi Goldberg’s health scare
- Regina discusses lucking out by landing an internship with the SNL wardrobe department and the behind the scenes vibe of working on the show
- While interning at ABC, Regina got to meet her favorite SNL cast member, Mike Myers, and why working in show business has caused her not to get star struck
- Regina also talks about her time working on the Howard Stern show as a guest/voice and pitching ideas for the show
- Knowing when to stop trying to keep doing the same joke despite it not getting a laugh and getting jokes from experiences
- Regina talks about why making people having and having a cartoon is part of the legacy she wants to leave behind
- The crew rates the end of show special food item; Ruffles Mozzarella and Marinara Chips
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.