Desmond Is Amazing (a 12-year old drag kid, awarded LGBTQ advocate, outspoken gay youth, editorial and runway model, public speaker, performer, founder of his own drag house: the Haus of Amazing, fashion designer, film and TV actor, published author, muse, legendary up-and-coming member of the original pioneering voguing house, the House of UltraOmni, and icon from New York City) joins Marc Raco, Danielle Beckmann, and Elsie the producer on Funny People Talking" to chat pompoms, influencers, Australia, silver linings, Desmond's remarkable journey and building on his following make real impact, using humor to battle haters and inspire, and two End of Show Foods from Down Under.
- Danielle talks about finding pompom’s and putting them on her clothing
- Danielle’s nerd tip is about finding make-up that has movie themes
- Danielle discusses the influencers event she worked and the swag she got
- The group discusses the value that brands get by giving swag to instagram influencers
- Marc talks about his trip to Australia including the different food, the animals and manly beach/cliff
- Desmond talks about his pet Irving the cockatoo
- The group plays the “Silver Lining” game
- Desmond explains how he got the name Desmond is Amazing
- Desmond talks about how long he’s been doing drag and all the attention he has gotten
- Desmond on his mother being his inspiration
- He discusses the content on his instagram and the importance of positivity
- Desmond talks the Haus of Amazing for drag kids 20 years old and younger, no bullying allowed on the site
- Using humor to make people laugh is important for people and just wanting to make people laugh
- End of show food including Burger Rings and Tim Tam Slams
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.