The aftermath of Arya’s recklessness leaves the vanaras homeless and Pandu badly burned. His wounds need Deep Medicine that is made by a mysterious Medicine Woman who lives further South on the outskirts of the Dark Side of the forest. Her exact location is unknown and dangerous. Desperate to help, Arya looks to the Ramayana to try to find the way. Using his imagination, he is able to interpret the story of Hanumana’s journey and find a path. Arya and his companions set out on a dangerous journey to find the Medicine Woman and bring back the deep medicine for Pandu.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:04] Previously on Shadow Realm
- [00:20] The vanaras are upset with Arya for his reckless use of the asthra
- [01:06] Pandu is badly burned and the vanaras lack the medicine to heal him
- [2:01] Arya learns of the medicine woman of the backwaters but no one knows how to find her
- [03:30] Arya looks to the Ramayana to help find the way to the medicine woman
- [4:24] Arya uses his imagination and is able to find the path to the medicine woman
- [05:43] How to support and connect with The Arya Chronicles
- [06:16] Next episode teaser
- Some of the varnaras are upset with Arya for having the asthra and using it recklessly, but others trust that Rishiji has a plan for him.
- Pandu is burned very badly and the varnara lack the medicine that he needs
- Arya takes it upon himself to find the Deep Medicine made by the medicine woman of the backwaters
- No one knows how to find the Medicine Woman so Arya looks to the Ramayana for information
- Using his imagination, Arya interprets the story of Hanumana’s journey and finds the path to the Dark Side.
- In the next episode: Arya and his companions finally find the mysterious Medicine Woman
Shadow Realm was written and executive produced by Reenita Hora. Based on her middle-grade novel When Arya Fell Through the Fault, this story constitutes ‘Part 1 of The Arya Chronicles.’
An original soundtrack was composed for this story by Kanniks Kannikeswaran (http://www.kanniks.com/).
Audio adaptation by Shane Sakhrani. Audio Direction and Production by Daniel Gonzalez and Gabe Mara.
The narrative for the trailer was voiced by Carnie Wilson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnie_Wilson)
The podcast features
- Arya Vir Hora as ‘Arya’ (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7845578/) (https://www.backstage.com/u/aryavirhora/)
- Vishesh Chachra as Rishiji, Pa, Nicolas, Ranga, and Surayu (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5189387/)
- Reenita Hora as Ma, Medicine Woman - (reenita.com)
- Danish Farooqui as Chimpu, Ravana, and Elias (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7211550/)
- Laura Smith as Balchorni, Athena, the Doctor, and Jackson’s mom (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2269470/)
- Kal Monsoor as Buddha, Head of School, and Hanumana (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0543964/)
- Avinash Muddappa as Pandu, Gopu, and Raja (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8765273/)
- Asha Noel as Female Vanara, Nurse, and Adriana (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6340920/)
Recorded at Studio City Sounds and The Room at Melrose.
Chapter 13 uses “Lake Waves Hjalmaren” by Owl
Chapter 17 uses “New Holland Honey Eaters 32x Slower” by digifishmusic
Chapter 18 uses “New Holland Honey Eaters 32x Slower” by digifishmusic
Episodes are available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Music is available on Spotify.
If you are already a fan of the show, tap the share button in your podcast player and post this trailer on Facebook or Twitter.
Or text it directly to someone you know who’d love to journey through the Arya Chronicles.
For more information visit thearyachronicles.com.