In this episode of Boku No Stop! we discuss episodes 4-6 of Flip Flappers.
Content warning: dementia + rough family stuff with a side of questionable fanservice.
This week, the show is firing on all cylinders with some heart-wrenching content, questions about the metaphysics of the Flip Flap world, discussions of art itself, a dive into the yuri genre's tropes and history, and also: casual violence! Cocona, Papika, and Yayaka have gotten themselves in trouble again...
- Apparently Discovery Zone returned from the dead at some point, by which I mean someone bought the name and made a few of them out in Ohio. It's still cool to see it live on, though, and the website will give you a good idea of what this whole concept looks like.
- I (Sibyl) will never back down from my love of the Neptunia series, and yes, they did just release a JRPG based around the concept of a Sega expy teaming up with Japanese Vtubers in combat. It's fun.
- Matt gives a good summary of it, but if you want a more detailed take on episode 5 and "Class S" yuri, Anime Feminist has you covered.
- If you're listening to an anime podcast, there's a 99.9% chance you've SEEN Pop Team Epic in passing via memes, if you're unfamiliar. It's either extremely your style or going to push you away with force.
- I refer to AC-bu as "animators who are talented enough to deliberately make the mistakes they choose" and if you want an excellent summary of their work in passing, this music video will explain everything.
Support Us: Patreon
More Shows: Pitch Drop Network
Support Boku No Stop!