Elaine Rossall, Head of UK Offices Research and Strategy at JLL joins Bold founder, Caleb Parker, to discuss how flexible working trends impact commercial real estate assets and how landlords are responding.
About Elaine Rossall
Elaine joined JLL in 2018 from Cushman and Wakefield where she spent 24 years, first as a member of the associate European research group and later as head of London group research. At JLL Elaine works with the office agency and capital markets teams to deliver clients with an all-encompassing view of the sector, delivering innovative and challenging insight to help develop and inform client strategies.
Connect with Elaine
Subscribe Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Podbean
Questions answered in this episode
- Why is JLL implementing flexible working?
- What is the benefit of letting someone choose their own work schedule?
- How is flexible working enabling space consolidation?
- How does flexible working and space consolidation affect London landlords?
- Will conventional leased space convert to flex space when traditional occupiers relocate?
- How does JLL advise landlords on how to respond to the demand for flex?
- Will it be a problem for landlords when the overall office stock is 30-50% flex?
- How do the other top UK markets compare to London?
Value Bombs and tweetables
- Flexible working is about empowerment and productivity
- Changing the way people work to create a better working environment for everyone
- Occupiers are looking for landlords to provide flex and amenity space within the asset
- It’s important for landlords to understand which operator brands are out there
- Landlords who do not have large portfolios should look to partner with operators instead of launching their own flexspace brand
- There's a blurring of lines between the operators and the landlords
- For landlords to be successful they need to understand how occupiers are behaving
- Over time we’ll stop talking about flex being a proportion of the market, because the overall market will be flexible
helps commercial real estate create & manage flexible spaces to dream, create, share, and succeed in. Now part of NewFlex (www.workbold.co
delivers and manages a range of branded solutions for every type of building, in every type of location, for every type of occupier. Including the flexibility to develop your own brand. All enabled by flexible management contracts where we are invested in making money for you. (www.newflex.com
) A Podcast Company
is the leading podcast production company for brands, organizations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right equipment, training, and guidance to ensure you sound amazing. - (https://www.apodcastcompany.com