, Head of Serviced Offices for Colliers International UK
, tells Caleb Parker
why he believes landlords should incorporate flexspace and coworking footprints in their assets on this third episode of the #WorkBold Podcast. About Mark Bott Mark is a Corporate Real Estate professional advising organizations of all sizes (FTSE 100 to SMEs and landlords) on how their real estate strategy & portfolio can benefit through flexible workspace - including serviced offices / co-working / managed space. Subscribe Apple
Value Bombs and Tweetables
- Serviced offices now offer the amenities that top tech companies provide to employees. As a result, these operators have become more attractive to corporate occupiers.
- Buildings should offer space-on-demand. Some of our corporate customers say to "We will disregard any building that doesn't have an element of flex in that building."
- Some flexspace operators have diversified into providing Front of House staff for buildings. "We all know that the first impression counts in anything!"
- Hotels investors have restaurants and bars as an amenity to attract guests. There's a shift towards the office market when landlords are developing an asset to include Space-as-a-Service amenities.
- The challenge around commercial real estate is around building valuations. Space-as-a-Service footprints should range between 10-20% of the gross square feet of the building so it doesn't affect the valuation.
- The burden of responsibility is shifting from the corporate occupier to the building operator when it comes to providing services to building users.
Helping commercial real estate create & manage flexible spaces to dream, create, share, and succeed in. Now part of NewFlex
NewFlex delivers and manages a range of branded solutions for every type of building, in every type of location, for every type of occupier. Including the flexibility to develop your own brand. All enabled by flexible management contracts where we are invested in making money for you.
A Podcast Company
The leading podcast production company for brands, organizations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right equipment, training, and guidance to ensure you sound amazing. - https://www.apodcastcompany.com