WTF is Interoceptive Awareness?
Interoception involves communication between a bodily sensation and our brain processing the information to support physical and emotional wellbeing, and ultimately a response. The ability to access interoceptive awareness varies greatly from person to person; for some it is relatively easy and little guidance is needed and for others, it can take training and practice.
Any type of conscious restriction causes us to detach from our body signals and ignore what is happening. The disconnect causes us to be confused and unable to read what our body is actually telling us.
In this episode, we discuss how Intuitive Eating helps us tap into our interoceptive awareness.
- Craig, A. D. (2009). How do you feel--now? The anterior insula and human awareness. Nat Rev Neurosci, 10(1), 59-70.
- If you’re ready to give it a try, Online Therapy.com is providing an exclusive offer to our listeners for 20% off your first month.
- Stitch Fix: Ready to try it out? Get $25 off your first fix!
- Just Thrive Probiotics - Get 15% off your first order using code: tonyabythespoonful
- If what we shared today resonated with you and you want a space to explore this further, click the link in our show notes to sign up for a free discovery call here.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Follow Us: Instagram and share your "Wait, what?" moments with us. Have an idea for an upcoming episode? Let us know on our Facebook page.