This week on episode 205 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be discussing Podcast Reviews, Our Newest Patreon, and We’re ALL FIRED UP, ‘cause Stu Smith from Smith-Madrone Winery is in the house! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge to get in on the action.
Panel Intros And What We’re Drinking With Stu Smith
- In May of 1971, at 22 years young, our guest tonight, along with his brother Charles founded the Smith-Madrone winery high up in the Spring Mountain District of Napa Valley. Named after the brothers Smith, and the Madrone trees that inhabit the property, Smith Madrone is currently producing Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Cook’s Flat Reserve, and Riesling. He has served on Napa County’s Watershed Task Force and the Napa County General Plan Steering Committee, and so much more that all revolves around being outdoors in nature, he is Stu Smith!
- John is drinking - Stone Woot Stout
- Stu is drinking - 2016 Smith-Madrone Chardonnay
- Solomon is drinking - Smith-Madrone 2015 Riesling, 2015 Chardonnay, and 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Eckles is drinking - 2015 Smith-Madrone Chardonnay
Grape, Hop, or Pop Culture Reference
- Say hello to our new $5 patron, Kristen L! Kristen is a member of the Tavern, interacts with us on social media, and has now become a member of our elite class of supporters as a patron. Thank you Kristen. I will be in touch to coordinate all your benefits including Jeff Solomon’s award winning guacamole recipe, John’s coconut porter homebrew recipe, your custom link to the podcast where you can get the after party episodes, and we’ll look forward to hearing your voice telling us what to drink each and every month.
Apple Podcast Review
- Covers All The Bases - 5 stars, by Side Hustle Wino 4 Life 12345 - Entertaining conversation amongst friends - after a few episodes you feel like they are your friends too!