In this episode I chat with Pam Moore of Marketing Nutz. She describes herself as half geek, half marketing and 100% social nut! I can tell you, Pam is everywhere online. She constantly tweets helpful information and advice. She is the host of the super popular #GetRealChat on Twitter every Tuesday at 9pm ET. And she has a wonderful podcast I enjoy listening to called Social Zoom Factor.
Pam shares 4 great tips that will help you “get real” on Twitter.
In this episode, here’s what Pam covers:
- #1 tip: Be yourself on Twitter.
- She shares the story of how she came up with her Twitter handle @PamMktgNut.
- She also shares the story of how Mari Smith invited her to speak on a teleseminar. At the time she had only 300 Twitter followers. Within minutes of talking about branding & social media on the seminar, she had pages and pages of RTs of what she said. Within 6 months she co-authored a book with Mari. All of this success stemmed from being real and watching for opportunities.
- The power of Twitter, the tricks & tips, the magic sauce: it’s just as important what you do off of Twitter as what you do on Twitter. Blog, podcast, YouTube, Meerkat, Periscope – integrate Twitter into all of that.
- She found success combining Twitter with her blog.
- Do not let the tools & technology and the “geeky” side of Twitter own you.
- Tip #2: Have a plan. Understand what your purpose is. Who is your audience?
- Tip #3: Build your own plan. Don’t listen to what everyone says.
- Tip #4: Know who you are as a person and as a brand. Know the difference between authenticity and transparency.
- How much to share = transparency. Authenticity = making sure what you’re saying is true and that you are real.
- Learn why tweeting and blogging on Saturdays can pay off.
- Your Call-To-Action: Create a Twitter list of influencers in your industry. Keep a close eye on their tweets. Watch for opportunities.
Links mentioned in this episode:
How To Reach Pam: You can reach Pam on Twitter @PamMktgNut, on her personal blog and her agency site.
Your Call To Action: Create a Twitter list of influencers in your industry. Keep a close eye on their tweets. Watch for opportunities. You never know where it can lead! Tweet me @MadalynSklar and let me know how this goes for you.
Share The Love For This Podcast!Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.
Thanks for the listen! I appreciate you listening to the podcast. I would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review the podcast in iTunes. If you do this, it will help me in the ranking so more people can find this helpful podcast. I read every review that comes in. And know that you have my sincere thanks! And please be sure to also subscribe to this podcast. It will ensure you won’t miss an episode! I’m releasing them every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Show notes at www.madalynsklar.com/twittersmarter9