While last week’s episode was my deepest one up to that date, this one today takes the icing on the cake. In early 2021, I was diagnosed with an extremely serious back condition that was going to lead to a 14-hour back surgery. I was already burnt-out. I was already shot. I had just had my 2nd knee replacement 6-weeks prior. And I was now facing my biggest physical challenge in my 50-years of living. And today, I discuss ALL OF IT and why this episode will go down as my deepest episode in the history of the IMPACT SHOW. And I hope I don’t have one in the future that tops this one.
Specifically, in today’s episode, I share:
- What happened to my back, the diagnosis, and why my doctor asked me if I had served in Afghanistan.
- What happened on Feb 17, 2021, and how my 20th wedding anniversary soon changed from a great day to one of misery.
- My trip to Sedona, AZ, and how I couldn’t even walk.
- Why I was sleeping only 3-4 hours a night and why I was relying on Tylenol PM to try and sleep more.
- My back brace and why I didn’t tell anyone about my back.
- My visit to the “Back Deformity Specialist” and how and what he said to me was permanently etched in my head.
- My breakdown in March 2021 and what Melanie said to me that I will never forget.
- What happened to my back in Cabo, Mexico, and how it almost led to a trip to an Emergency Room in Mexico.
- Dropping my son Luke off to college his freshman year but why I was stuck in my hotel room.
- Epidurals, painkillers, 6 back-doctors, and a lot of PAIN!
- What pain does to your mind, how pain zaps your energy, and why it’s so hard to serve others when you are in chronic serious pain.
- My Top Lessons from the “Year of hell” and what I would say if/when you go through a bout of serious pain.
- Broken or blessed? How my faith carried me through the desert when I had very little left.
- What happened, how I avoided surgery, some of my top hacks to “get out of pain” almost a year later.
My friends, this was a very difficult episode to share. It’s one of the darkest periods of my life. While most didn’t know what I was battling, I found solitude and peace in serving & creating as it fed my soul. I think it will make sense when you listen to the story but I’m so grateful and happy today that I got through it. I share it because you can probably relate in some way. Whether you had physical pain or mental anguish, a massive challenge you had to overcome, or perhaps you are there today….or tomorrow, my hope is that you can come back to this episode at any time and realize that “GETTING YOUR MIND RIGHT” is way more than just a saying or mantra. It’s a way of life.
Thank you. Thank you for giving me this space & podcast a great place to share. And thank you for listening or watching. And thank you for your feedback. I read every single text, DM, email, or message. Please keep them coming.
If you can please SHARE this episode on your social media, I’m confident that there is someone in your circle that can benefit from this very episode.
SHARE & TAG:
IG & Twitter: @ToddDurkin
Additionally, please make sure you:
1. Please make sure you are subscribed to the Todd Durkin IMPACT SHOW podcast.
2. Be a part of my TEXT COMMUNITY. 619.304.2216. Sign-up to not miss a single text from me. And yes, it is ME on the other side of that.
3. After listening to today’s episode, can you please text me or email me any QUESTIONS you have stemming from the episode.
4. Lastly, I have my new 2.0 version of “Dose of Durkin” emails and messages beginning to drop next week. You will get 1 workout challenge and an inspirational verse or quote every Thursday. Check it out by making sure you are SUBSCRIBED to my email list at www.ToddDurkin.com
Get Your IMPACT JOURNAL today at www.ToddDurkin.com https://fitnessquest10.infusionsoft.app/app/orderForms/IMPACT-Journal
It's not too late to plan - get your God-Sized Dream 2023 planner today:
ATTN: FIT-Pros, Trainers & Coaches
Are you a trainer, coach, or fitness business owner seeking to make a massive IMPACT in your business & life and you would like to be coached to your full potential?
Are you looking to level-up your business in 2023 and make an even bigger IMPACT in people's lives?
Are you a trainer, coach, or fit-pro who is constantly pouring into others, yet your “well” runs dry and sometimes you need some more “juice” poured into you?
If so, I invite you to be a part of my Todd Durkin Mastermind for Fit-Pros and surround yourself with the most passionate, purposeful, and IMPACTFUL life-transformers on the planet.
Being a part of the TD Mastermind gives you the opportunity to connect, share, and grow with the fitness industry’s top coaches, trainers, and entrepreneurs on a daily-basis.
The MASTERMIND is for passionate and purpose-driven fitness professionals who are committed to creating success & significance in their personal and professional lives and want to be coached by Todd and surrounded by some of the brightest, sharpest, and most passionate trainers on the planet.
If that sounds like you, visit: ToddDurkinMastermind.com to sign-up for the INSTITUTE Level or email Frank Pucher, Director of Todd Durkin Mastermind, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE CLARITY CALL today.
Join my TD Community for FREE: Simply text me “IMPACT” to (619) 304.2216 and you are on your way to receiving exclusive content and even more motivation & inspiration. Sign-up TODAY!
Please keep your questions coming so I can highlight you on the podcast!!
If you have a burning question and want to be featured on the IMPACT show, go to www.todddurkin.com/podcast, fill out the form, and submit your questions!
Don't forget that if you want more keys to unlock your potential and propel your success, you can order my book GET YOUR MIND RIGHT at www.todddurkin.com/getyourmindright or anywhere books are sold.
Get Your Mind Right now available on AUDIO:
Want more Motivation and Inspiration? Sign up for my newsletter The TD Times that comes out on the 10th of every month full of great content. Sign-up here… www.todddurkin.com
Todd Durkin is one of the world’s leading coaches, trainers, and motivators. It’s no secret why some of the world’s top athletes have trained with him for nearly two decades. He’s a best-selling author, a motivational speaker, and founded the legendary Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego, CA. He currently coaches fellow trainers, coaches, and life-transformers in his Todd Durkin Mastermind group. Here, he mentors and shares his 25-years of wisdom in the industry on business, leadership, marketing, training, and personal growth.
Todd was a coach on the NBC & Netflix show “STRONG.” He’s a previous Jack LaLanne Award winner, a 2-time Trainer of the Year. Todd and his wife Melanie head up the Durkin IMPACT Foundation (501-c-3) that has raised over $250,000 since it started in 2013. 100% of all proceeds go back to kids and families in need. https://todddurkin.com/impact-foundation/
Join his fire-breathing dragons’ community and receive regular motivational and inspirational emails. Visit www.ToddDurkin.com and opt-in to receive his value-rich content.
Connect with Todd online in the following places:
You can listen to Todd’s podcast, The IMPACT Show, by going to www.todddurkin.com/podcast.
You can get any of his books by clicking here! (Get Your Mind Right, WOW BOOK, The IMPACT Body Plan, What’s Next?)