In episode 2, we share the many different reasons we love living in Raleigh. It captured us immediately, and when we returned to Australia in 2006, we missed it so much, we realized it's where we wanted our forever home to be.
Listen in to hear how we came to love the community, what jobs we worked, interesting people we met, fun stories and much more!
Full show notes: https://thisisraleigh.com/love-raleigh-podcast/
We talk about:
- How the friendliness of people in Raleigh and North Carolina drew us in
- The beauty of the City of Oaks
- Our first friend in Raleigh, Hitesh (we're still great mates)
- The joy of traveling like the locals
- The rich cultural experiences we had like:
- election parties
- jumping over the fires in Franklin St
- crashing a frat party
- Kirby Derby (before it was in Dorothea Dix
- The benefits of having connections to your own culture when you live in a foreign place
- But, why you should also branch out to meet the locals
- The amazing location for travel Raleigh offers
- Craig's jobs in Raleigh: Construction and working for Delta Airlines
- The work life balance of Australia compared to the US
- The strangeness of why Americans don't take their vacation leave!!
- The end of our first two-year teaching experience in the USA
- How our road trip across the US on the way back to Australia convinced us to come back.
Thanks for listening. Remember to subscribe and leave a review!