Jan 9, 2023
Jason Cotter | Reviving ancient grains in a modern Australian age
Jason Cotter has had many and varied chapters to his life, known more recently for his foray into the world of heritage grains, plant breeding and bread making. Having almost fallen into his new farming career, Jason is now a leader in his field, with an appreciation of both the environmental and health benefits of ancient grains. Copy writing, central Australian indigenous 'first contact' experience and world travel all add to his fascinating regenerative journey.
* Wonderground Press Planthunter https://wonderground.press/the-planthunter-book/
* The Third Plate https://booktopia.kh4ffx.net/mgWgoM
* Pigeon Hole Bakers https://www.pigeonwholebakers.com.au/
* Vavilov Institute https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Plant_Industry
* Rowan Reid https://www.agroforestry.net.au/main.asp?_=Home
* Tuerong Farm https://www.tuerongfarm.com.au/
* Hicks beef https://hicksbeef.com.au/
* Blue-E beef https://www.bluee.net.au/
This season we've teamed up with Highland Beef Pastoral a grass-fed beef supply chain servicing the growing US grass-fed market.
The Highland Beef program uses an innovative model to change how farmers and customers interact.
Essentially, this Australian-owned business places cattle on their member graziers’ properties at their expense and provides farmers competitive returns for every kg of beef produced, allowing them to focus on improving their businesses in a capital-free, risk-free environment.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this program visit hbpastoral.com.au/charliearnott.
Thank you to all who’ve made this show possible. Our host Charlie Arnott. Our producer is Rhys Jones of Yaga Media. And, of course, we are grateful for our sponsors, Patreon supporters, and listeners.
Patrons get access to exclusive videos, a discussion community, and much more. Go to https://charliearnott.com.au/podcast/ to support my work.