Episode 24: Lion Mode Leadership 3 – You Don’t Need a Title…
So who’s the leader? Do we know by the title, or is there another way of figuring out this age-old question. In this episode, ReNeita and I go over the 6 principles of leadership found in the book, “You Don’t Need a Title to Be a Leader” by New York Timesbest-selling author Mark Sanborn. Mastering these 6 principles will put you on the right track to exceptional leadership, whether you have the title or not.
Get your #JustCanvass Hoodie today: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/shop
Buy The Mission Study Bible: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/bible
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en
Join the Frontline Magabook Program: https://frontlinemagabookministries.com
The Brady 6 Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5fdhfVrg1I
Official beginning – 3:04
The Basic 5 (for leaders) – 6:20
- Keep students in front of doors/people
- Keep books in their bag
- Match students with territory (scout)
- Work with your students
A helpful phrase to remember the basic 5 is the following, “Canvassing books; where you work, I work; let’s pray.”
- Canvassing: Are my students canvassing? Are they knocking doors/talking to people?
- Books: Do all of my students have enough books in their bag?
- Where you work: Have you found the right territory? Are your students matched with the territory?
- I work: Are you working with your students?
- Let’s pray: Are you praying for your students? Are you praying for yourself?
The 6 Principles of Leadership – 18:16
- The Power of Self-Mastery
- “The warfare against self is the greatest battle that was ever fought. The yielding of self, surrendering all to the will of God, requires a struggle; but the soul must submit to God before it can be renewed in holiness.” SC 43.3
- Recommended reading: Help in Daily Living (Ministry of Healing chapter 40)
- The Power of Focus
- “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3
- “God gives opportunities; success depends upon the use made of them. The openings of Providence must be quickly discerned and eagerly entered.” Messages to Young People 147.3
- Power with People
- Your capability as a leader isn’t measured by what you can do, rather by what you can accomplish with others.
- Your new focus is developing your students. As you develop them, your own skills we be developed
- Manager vs Leader (taken directly from Mark Sanborn’s book “You Don’t Need a Title to be a Leader)
- Managers have employees. Leaders have followers.
- Managers react to change. Leaders create change.
- Managers communicate. Leaders persuade.
- Managers try to be heroes. Leaders make heroes of everyone.
- Managers exercise power over people. Leaders exercise power with people.
- The Power of Persuasive Communication
- Poor communication leads to poor performance
- The Power of Execution
- “Long delays tire the angels. It is even more excusable to make a wrong decision sometimes than to be continually in a wavering position; to be hesitating, sometimes inclined in one direction, then in another. More perplexity and wretchedness result from thus hesitating and doubting than from sometimes moving too hastily. GW 133.4
- I have been shown that the most signal victories and the most fearful defeats have been on the turn of minutes. God requires promptness of action. Delays, doubtings, hesitation, and indecision frequently give the enemy every advantage.” GW 134.1 (Gospel Workers)
- The Power of Giving
- Not just monetarily, but of your time, and of yourself.
- “Happiness that is sought from selfish motives, outside of the path of duty, is ill-balanced, fitful, and transitory; it passes away, and the soul is filled with loneliness and sorrow; but there is joy and satisfaction in the service of God.” Steps to Christ 124.2
- “And the effort to bless others will react in blessings upon ourselves…This is the highest honor, the greatest joy, that it is possible for God to bestow upon men. Those who thus become participants in labors of love are brought nearest to their Creator.” SC 79.1
Pray for God to give you the 6 powers of:
If you have any questions relating to canvassing, leading, or everyday life just use this link: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/contact and fill out the easy form on our website. We’ll be answering all questions on our Channel Up segment!
Write a podcast review on iTunes for The Next Drop Off to enter a chance to win a free hoodie. We’ll choose one review among the first 25 and mail you the gift!
Thanks for listening this week! Don’t forget to share this episode with a friend! GB!