Episode 23: Lion Mode Leadership 2 – Mission Transition
If you have ever driven an automatic vehicle, then you know that in order to advance properly you have to switch gears. That’s how it is when you become a leader in any line of work. On this episode we have ReNeita Samuels and Corey Johnson to help you make that transition and understand your new mission as a canvassing leader.
Get your #JustCanvass Hoodie today: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/shop
Buy The Mission Study Bible: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/bible
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en
Follow the Frontline page: https://www.instagram.com/joinfmm/?hl=en
Join the Frontline Magabook Program: https://frontlinemagabookministries.com
Follow Go: The Mission: https://www.instagram.com/go_the_mission/?hl=en
Listen to Go: The Mission: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7L9OXPtLiQCpr99xidluCr?si=EdnI76YsRFuapDx_CxXI5Q
Official beginning– 2:58
The Transition– 28:00
- Understand that everything you do has a positive or negative impact on your program.
- How you dress, your music choices, how you talk to one student can affect how a completely different student reacts to you, how you treat the low sellers, and how you treat the high sellers, when you show up to worship what vibes are you bringing? How do you communicate to the group?
- Your reputation is the most expensive thing in the world, because once it’s gone, its hard or nearly impossible to buy back.
- Proverbs 22:1 “A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.”
- "The largest share of life's annoyances, its heartaches, its irritations, is due to uncontrolled temper. In one moment, by hasty, passionate, careless words, may be wrought evil that a whole lifetime's repentance cannot undo. Oh, the hearts that are broken, the friends estranged, the lives wrecked, by the harsh, hasty words of those who might have brought help and healing!" MYP 135.1
The Mission – 38:13
What is the mission of the leader?
- Set the atmosphere of your program
- What are the vibes in your program? Chill, safe, fun, happy, spiritual, spiritually safe, champion, confident, winner, equality or stressed, fear, boredom, depressed, not spiritual, spiritual abuse, struggle, distrust, favoritism
- "Angels work harmoniously. Perfect order characterizes all their movements. The more closely we imitate the harmony and order of the angelic host, the more successful will be the efforts of these heavenly agents in our behalf. If we see no necessity for harmonious action, and are disorderly, undisciplined, and disorganized in our course of action, angels, who are thoroughly organized and move in perfect order, cannot work for us successfully. They turn away in grief, for they are not authorized to bless confusion, distraction, and disorganization. All who desire the cooperation of the heavenly messengers, must work in unison with them. Those who have the unction from on high, will in all their efforts encourage order, discipline, and union of action, and then the angels of God can co-operate with them. But never, never will these heavenly messengers place their indorsement upon irregularity, disorganization, and disorder." —Testimonies for the Church 1:649, 650. ChS 75.3
- Cast the vision
- Characteristics of a great vision: simple, clear, ambitious.
- Make it happen
- What do I need to do to accomplish a-z?
- What can you do? What can you delegate?
- Who’s doing worships?
- Who’s cooking?
- Who’s planning activities?
- Who’s doing announcements?
- Who’s doing training?
- YOU CAN’T DO IT ALL
“Joshua was now the acknowledged leader of Israel. He had been known chiefly as a warrior, and his gifts and virtues were especially valuable at this stage in the history of his people. Courageous, resolute, and persevering, prompt, incorruptible, unmindful of selfish interests in his care for those committed to his charge, and, above all, inspired by a living faith in God—such was the character of the man divinely chosen to conduct the armies of Israel in their entrance upon the Promised Land.”
Patriarchs and Prophets p. 481.4
If you have any questions relating to canvassing, leading, or everyday life just use this link: https://www.thenextdropoff.com/contactand fill out the easy form on our website. We’ll be answering all questions on our Channel Up segment!
Write a podcast review on iTunes for The Next Drop Off to enter a chance to win a free hoodie. We’ll choose one review among the first 25 and mail you the gift!
Thanks for listening this week! Don’t forget to share this episode with a friend! GB!