In today's show, Pancham interviews Dana Samuleson, President, American Gold Exchange, Inc.
This show starts with Dana sharing a brief history of gold investing. Gold has been highly valued since ancient times. Right from the times of the kings and queens to the Great Depression to the World Wars, we share how these Black Swan events change the way we invest in gold.
Next, Dana discusses the current economic situation and its impact on gold investing. Topics discussed include inflation, effect of printing more currency, the ballooning national debt and much, much more.
You do not want to miss the practical tips that Dana shares towards the end of the show. In this segment you will learn how you can avoid getting scammed while buying gold.
Tune in for some excellent insights!
- 01:50 - As an investor, are you better off buying a physical asset like gold?
- 03:19 - Pancham welcome Dana from American Gold Exchange to the show
- 03:58 - Why is gold an excellent hedge against economic uncertainty?
- 04:36 - Dana shares his background information
- 07:07 - Why is the US dollar not backed by gold anymore?
- 07:39 - Why has gold been so highly valued since ancient times?
- 09:59 - Why was gold ownership made illegal after the Great Depression of 1929?
- 12:10 - How the US dollar became the world's most powerful currency right after World War 2
- 14:23 - Analyzing the Gold Price Cycle from 1970 to 2020
- 15:47 - How inflation and printing more currency can provide a boost to gold prices
- 18:32 - Why gold is the go-to investment in a risky environment
- 22:24 - Dana analyzes the effect of supply-demand mismatch and increasing debt on gold prices
- 24:16 – Should you buy ETF's? Are you better owning physical gold?
- 26:33 - Is it safer to buy sovereign-minted gold coins? What about gold bars?
- 29:05 - What are the dangers of buying gold from online platforms
- 31:33 - Is it possible to test the accuracy of gold bars?
- 32:06 - Does a Canadian Maple Leaf have higher purity compared to an American Eagle?
- 34:25 - What are tax benefits for US citizens who invest in American Eagles?
- 35:37 - What is the best way for storing gold?
- 40:10 - Taking the Leap Round
- 40:20 - When was the first time you invested outside the Wall Street?
- 41:00 - What fears did you have to overcome when you first invested outside of Wall Street?
- 41:41 - Can you share one investment that did not go as expected?
- 42:53 - What is one piece of advice that you would give to people who are thinking of investing outside the Wall Street?
- 44:04 - Dana shares his contact information
3 Key Points:
- Why gold is an excellent hedge against economic uncertainty
- Red flags to be aware of when buying gold
- Gold Bars, sovereign-minted coins, or ETF’s – which is the best way of investing in gold?
Get in Touch: