Our guest today is Swapnil Agarwal, Chief Executive Officer, Nitya Capital and Karya Capital Management. As of today, Swapnil’s companies manage assets of more than $2 billion, employ 1000+ people, and provide housing to more than 20,000 families. He has been awarded Houston Business Journal 2019 most admired CEO award and he was named as 2017 NY Entrepreneur of the year.
Swapnil’s incredible success story has humble beginnings. He is a first-generation immigrant from India. Worked in corporate America for over a decade and left the business class travel and high offices to start his own company.
You will learn about various topics like entrepreneur’s mindset, managing deep value add properties, impact of COVID-19 on the real estate market, tips for scaling up a real estate business and much, much more.
For more details visit: www.TheGoldCollarInvestor.com/show42
- 01:24 – Swapnil shares his background information
- 03:36 – How did Swapnil get into real estate investing?
- 05:45 – Swapnil shares his business philosophy
- 08:18 – Have you set yourself up for success?
- 09:10 – Was it really difficult for Swapnil to manage a D – property?
- 11:25 – How hands-on property management helped Swapnil learn the ropes of the business?
- 12:50 – Why do 99.99% of people fail to start a business?
- 13:36 – How did Swapnil deal with skepticism when he was just starting out?
- 16:04 – How has Swapnil managed to scale up his business so quickly? He shares his success mantra
- 20:12 – What steps has Swapnil taken to deal with the aftermath of COVID-19?
- 22:52 – Learn how Karya KARES is enriching the lives of the less privileged across the world
- 26:28 – Taking the Leap Round
- 26:38 – When was the first time Swapnil invested outside Wall Street?
- 27:00 – What fears did Swapnil have to overcome when he first invested outside Wall Street?
- 28:00 – What was one investment that did not go as expected?
- 29:44 – What is one piece of advice you would give to people who are thinking of investing in the Main Street?
- 30:51 – Swapnil shares his contact information
3 Key Points
- Impact of COVID-19 on real estate investing
- Expert tips for scaling up a real estate business
- The challenges of managing deep value add properties