Oct 3, 2022
Guided Path 2-4 Divorce, Remarriage and Death with Jayson McGinnis
Benefits can be complex to understand, especially when remarriage or spouse deaths are involved.
And by not understanding them in detail, we may miss what we are entitled to get.
In this episode, Zacc Call and Laura Hadley chat with Jayson McGinnis, a wealth advisor at Capita Financial Network, to give details regarding divorce, remarriage, and survivor benefits. Additionally, they explain the strategy in which a couple can get divorced to improve their Social Security benefits and then get married again.
Zacc, Laura, and Jayson discuss:
* The benefits you are entitled to get from the person you marry or divorce, and how to maximize them
* How ex-spouses aren't notified when they apply for divorce spousal benefits
* How a higher income could cancel the continuity of survivor benefits
* The importance of keeping track if your ex-spouse is still alive
* The time a client had to remarry her current husband to get the benefits of her previous marriage when the husband passed…