In this episode, James speaks to Justin Merritt, the CEO of Ignite Sport. Sport has always played a huge part in Justin's life through a variety of roles as a participant, coach, manager, educator, and fan. He, therefore, founded Ignite to encourage participation, remove barriers and create a safe fun environment. Whether it’s at a specialist sports club, training camp, or a young participant's first time trying out, a positive experience is essential.
Ignite Sport UK runs unique programs for children throughout the South of England and offers a range of qualifications for aspiring trainers and coaches. They’ve also partnered with leading teams like Oxford City FC to promote community spirit. In the evolving technological world, they’ve spotted a way to strengthen their business over the long term by creating digital resources, such as online courses.
In a nutshell, James and Justin speak about:
- Justin's early childhood experiences and education.
- Justin's ear;y work experiences and how those prepared him for his current roles.
- Ignite's launch story.
- How Justin managed his role at Oxford Utd alongside Ignite.
- Justin's vision for Ignite for the next 3-5 years.
- The day-to-day challenges that Justin faces while running Ignite.
- The key to running a successful sports business.
... and so much more!
Connect with Justin:
LinkedIn: Justin Merritt
Check out Ignite Sport:
Facebook: Ignite Sport UK
Connect with James:
Facebook: Coordinate Sport FB Page
LinkedIn: James Moore
Coordinate Cloud: The Drive Phase Podcast