Today I am going discuss why a leader needs to be a great at meetings, and to leverage these opportunities to communicate to the fullest.
- Whether we love them or not, meetings are a fact of life, so we might as well get good at them.
- We discussed three main types of meetings: the briefing, the workshop, and the one-to-one. There are other types, but these are the main ones.
- We also discussed several different types of personas that can turn up at meetings: the HiPPO, the distracted, the chorus, the rabbit hole diver, the curve-ball pitcher, and the agenda pusher.
- If you want to get the most out of your meetings, you must keep each of these types of people in check. You must set the agenda, and keep everyone on track.
- As remote meetings via tools like Zoom have become so widespread, special consideration needs to be given to them in terms of logistics and ice-breaking.
- I shared a list of tips that can be applied to any meeting, regardless of the context.
- The key conclusion is that for a meeting to be considered successful, you learned something new or you taught somebody something new. Either way, someone should leave the meeting smarter.
Notes and subscription links: https://techleader.pro/a/602-Tech-Leader-Pro-podcast-23,-Turning-up-at-meetings