What is the role of artists in society and what do they need to thrive?
You will hear about:
- the shrinking space for arts and culture.
- the pandemic’s impact on the cultural scene.
- how funding processes disadvantage emerging artists.
- the limits of private money and why it is not the culture sector’s salvation.
- why we need to change our societal view on arts and culture.
Our guests are Anastasia Lemberg-Lvova, artist and founder of De Structura, a multidimensional pan-European initiative that strives to create more opportunities for young people in the art sector, and Gitte Zschoch, Secretary General of ifa, the German “Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen” (engl. Institute for Foreign Relations).
The episode is part of Europe takes part!, a project that sheds light on the role of arts and culture in Europe and empowers its actors through digital tools. It is organised and executed by Das Progressive Zentrum in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut, supported by the German Federal Foreign Office. Check out more on our website: progressives-zentrum.org/europe-takes-part/.
This episode is moderated by Raphaela Hobbach. It was produced by Nicki Hoffmann for Das Progressive Zentrum and supported by Sophie Borkel.