Hello, my Empty Nest Friend! This episode topic comes from a Green Popsicle Stick Group
Facebook member. Once again, when I sat down to organize and script this out, I had no idea that I had so many thoughts on the subject. Too funny. Katie asked, "What skills are you glad you taught your daughter before she went off to college? And, is there anything you wished you'd spent more time on with her?" These are fantastic questions from Katie, whose daughter is already ahead of the game, as you will hear in this episode. Take a listen, or read the full transcript on my website! Don't forget to subscribe, rate and review this podcast! 💚 Send audio feedback to Coach Christine now: https://www.speakpipe.com/EmptyNestCoach or call/text to 920-LIFEWIN (920-543-3946).
This Episode is Brought to You By
What You Will Learn in this Episode
- Christine's thoughts on useful life skills needed for college
- Laundry: remember the bedding!
- Consider limited food options and how your child will handle this
- Cleaning and supplies
- Money management
- Future Document Preparations
- I-9 Form
- Memorize Social Security Number
- Safe Storage of Documents
- Ditch the "Mom Organization Method"
- School/life balance
- Encourage hobbies
- Tools for emotional health
- Familiarity with Medical Appointments
Episode Questions for You To Consider
- Do you have something to add to my life skills for college list?
- If you attended college, did you feel prepared?
First Time Here? Try This Order of Episodes
For detailed show notes, full transcription and more, visit my website: https://youremptynestcoach.com/p32/
For everything else visit https://youremptynestcoach.com/links/
Between shows spend time with me on You are preparing for the empty nest ahead as your child(ren) prepares, heads off to and experiences college.