In this episode of YB2C Live! Pam and Keith sit down with Andrea Davis of Bikram Yoga Ferndale to talk about health and wellness.
Bikram Yoga is a form of Hatha yoga that is practiced through breathing exercises and a series of 26 postures. It's done in a heated room, on average 105 degrees and 40% humidity, which is meant to help the body detox through sweating. Bikram is a guided practice that does not change, no matter where in the world the class is held.
- Andrea describes how Bikram is different from other types of yoga, such as Ashtanga or Vinyasa.
- Because of the solidified unchanging practice, Bikram creates an atmosphere for diversity; even those who do not speak English can come and take a class at Bikram Ferndale successfully.
- Pam recounts how her consistent Bikram yoga practice helped her recover from a very serious injury.
- Andrea explains how she ultimately chose Ferndale to set up her studio, and how others can become certified instructors and start their own Bikram studios.
- Andrea highlights the importance of family in her yoga journey, and tells a story about a family reunion that ended with a caravan to a Bikram yoga class.
- Andrea explains the business side of a Bikram studio, and how she utilized business podcasts — much like our very own YB2C Live! — to learn as much as she could.
- Bikram is for everyone, Andrea insists, for all ages, sizes, genders, and has innumerable benefits for the body and mind.
For more information about Andrea Davis and Bikram Yoga Ferndale:
Visit them at www.bikramyogaferndale.com
Follow them on Instagram and Facebook at Bikram Yoga Ferndale (@BikramYogaFerndale)
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes: YB2C Live! on iTunes
YB2C Live! is recorded at Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit