In this first installment of our new series on unpaid labor, we chat with Bridget Huff, a stay-at-home mom and political organizer. We talk about Bridget's life and about the pains, joys, and social pressures of being a stay-at-home parent. We also talk about how political organizations can and should make themselves accessible to folks like Bridget.
Additional links/info below...
- Bridget's Facebook page and Twitter page
- Movement School website and Twitter page
- The Detroit News, "Protesters March against Nancy Pelosi’s Leadership"
- Sarah Jaffe, The Nation, "The Factory in the Family"
- Jason Beaubien, NPR, "Stay-At-Home Dads Still Struggle With Diapers, Drool, Stigma And Isolation"
- Tithi Bhattacharya (ed.), Pluto Press, Social Reproduction Theory: Remapping Class, Recentering Oppression
- Loree A. Primeau, The American Journal of Occupational Therapy, "A Woman’s Place: Unpaid Work in the Home"
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- Evie Sands, "Shine for Me"