Working People is back for Season Two! In this #RedForEd special, we talk to Trevor, Jesenia, and Danielle, three teachers and members of United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA) who are currently joining their brothers and sisters in a historic strike across the LA Unified School District.
Additional links/info below...
- UTLA Twitter and Facebook
- UTLA website
- Sarah Jaffe, The Nation, "The Radical Organizing That Paved the Way for LA’s Teachers’ Strike"
- Jared Sacks, ROAR, "The Radical Worker Politics of the Los Angeles Teacher Strike"
- Meagan Day & Micah Uetricht, Jacobin, "A Mighty Wind"
- Lois Weiner, Jacobin, "What LA Teachers Have Already Won"
- Lisa Ryan, The Cut, "Why 32,000 Teachers Are on Strike in Los Angeles"
- David Dayen, In These Times, "'Welcome to the Revolution': LA Teachers Strike Pits Working-Class Power Against Privatization"
- Max Rivlin-Nadler & Scott Heins, Splinter, "On the Picket Line With the LA Substitute Teachers Who Refused to Scab"
- Cesar Hernandez, LA Taco, " 'Tacos for Teachers' Seeks to Feed Teachers if They Hit the Picket Lines"
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- Benjamin Banger, "June"
- Mindseye, "Up and Go"
- Benjamin Banger, "New Horizons"