MGT46: Tape Express, Music Video Heaven For Indie Music – Conrad Fritzsch, Jakob Fricke (Tape.tv)
Tape.tv, a Berlin-based “social music television web platform,” has just launched tape express, a free mobile app that offers a personalised music video discovery channel to users across 27 European countries. Tape express is powered by the largest dedicated indie music video catalogue in Europe, featuring 30,000 videos at launch, and allows music fans to curate their own music television experience as they watch, by swiping to ‘like’ or ‘skip’ videos.
In this WeSpin Recipes podcast episode, Andrew Apanov talks to tape.tv’s CEO Conrad Fritzsch and Project Manager Jakob Fricke just a week after the launch of tape express. Conrad and Jakob share their thoughts on the booming world of indie music videos, the challenge of delivering the user experience people want, and explain how they’ve been supporting indie artists through securing deals with rights-holders since day one.
Listen to the conversation to also learn how to submit your music video to tape express, and much more.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
• An addictive music video watching experience.
• Empowering indie artists without big budgets.
• Optimizing the in-app user experience.
• Where the app is available now, and plans on expansion.
• “Tinder for music videos”.
• Paying the right holders fairly from the beginning.
• How to get your music video into the app.
• The growing importance of indie music videos.
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr46/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.