Aaron Bethune is a music business consultant, manager, author, and the founder of PlayitLoudMusic, Above the Noise and JAM, among a number of other projects. In this WeSpin Podcast episode, Aaron told his amazing story of how he started in the music industry, talked on his (not less amazing) current ventures, “niche” music business case studies and, of course, his book called “Musicpreneur: The Creative Approach to Making Money in Music”.
Listen to the interview to learn the mindset of doing business and networking like a true Musicpreneur.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
• Aaron’s road to a professional music industry career.
• Figuring out ways to distinguish yourself from others.
• A case study of a musician/yoga teacher.
• “Your band is a brand” and what it means to you.
• “Build relationships before asking for anything.”
• Networking outside of the music industry.
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr29/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.