Ehco, The Entertainment Helping Company, is building nothing less than a “giving channel” – the platform’s focus is to connect music artists and their fans with social causes. Artists who “truly want to change the world” can offer exclusive merchandise through Ehco, giving half (50%) of everything they make from the sales to the 501(c)3 social partner of their choice.
Scott McElroy is a co-founder of Ehco, and in this WeSpin Recipes podcast episode he talked on how artists should use their influence to help causes they care about, why giving becomes a necessity these days, and how exactly Ehco functions.
Listen to this conversation with Scott to also learn how to keep a partnership with a non-profit authentic and genuine, and where to start if you want to work with a social partner.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
• Empowering fans to give to the causes you and they care about
• What Ehco is for artists, fans and non-profits
• Ways to improve the partnerships between artists and causes
• Other platforms in the “giving” space
• The importance of keeping merchandise unique and special
• Learning from Taylor Swift how to truly connect with fans
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr39/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.