Mike Mowery is the President of Outerloop Management, overlooking over 40 artists. Mike has been in the industry for over 20 years, with roots in the DIY scene and playing in the hardcore punk band Good Clean Fun.
In this WeSpin Recipes podcast episode, Dotted Music CMO Cory Wolff talks to Mike about the tough world of music management, the art of developing brand new acts, what you have to produce besides the music to succeed nowadays, and much more.
Listen to the interview to also learn what managers are looking for in artists before starting to work with them, and where the success is really coming from.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
• How the music industry has “flattened” over the years.
• The artist manager working as your co-captain.
• Use feedback to find new opportunities.
• Challenges to overcome on your way to success.
• “Having great music alone is not enough.”
• The world of brand partnerships.
• Define what a success is for you.
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr45/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.